Summer's Gift: Communicating with the Heart

Auggie sends blessings at his favorite place.

It's Summer Solstice! Blessings upon us as we move into a new season and experience. It really was head-on with this Solstice entrance.  Meaning... whenever a new season comes upon us, I sense it immediately and it comes with the wind.  I do believe in the saying, "Winds of Change".  Every season comes with the wind, and usually, it comes early.  At least that is how I feel it. However, this morning it came spot on!  I went out to walk Auggie on our typical path and jaunt, and my hair actually blew straight up.  
I had an appointment today in Brookings Oregon, and after I brought Auggie to Harris Beach for a walk/run.  It was extremely windy with most folks wearing their hoodies.  Auggie being so low to the ground was getting some sand in his eyes so I carried him back.
Summer, It's here, and the wind wants us to really pay attention.
The summer is special to me because it is the time of the year when I entered this plane.  The sun enters the zodiac sign of Cancer on the Summer Solstice and the communication that Gemini has been so eager to share from any avenue possible especially with technology today, (Gemini must be blissed out) changes. Communication that normally is administered from the head and the mouth or text and phone now shifts to the heart.
It's a big change. So I'm a Cancer, but for the last 10 years, I have been incorporating Sidereal astrology into my interpretations.  Sidereal is actually the oldest astrological system dating back to Sumeria.  It was Claudius Ptolemy, writer, and astrologer around 150 C.E. who created the tropical zodiac shifting the beginning of the Zodiac to the beginning of the vernal equinox instead of the start of the Aries constellation. The difference of the system is that the tropical is 20 minutes shorter a year than the sidereal and therefore every 72 years the vernal point moves backward in the sky by one degree.  For over the last 2000 years we are now at a difference of 24 degrees.  For many of us, our signs make an adjustment.  So in a Sideral erected chart, I have the sun in Gemini. What I actually do is incorporate other aspects of my chart to help me understand the communication from our celestial relatives.  So what does that really say to me right now?
Well I can throw in another wrench to this quandary, and that is there is also another astrological system I do reflect upon from time to time and that is utilizing Indigenous interpretations from a Chinese zodiacal perspective and that of the Medicine Wheel interpretations.  If you are interested in viewing my insights offered through another blog go to Flickersdrumbeat.blogspot.com
However, at this point in time within our present summer experience, I am putting aside such astrological tools despite our celestial influences.  Mind you we have another influence and that is mercury retrograde as well as 6 other planets in retrograde at this intersection of time. When planets are retrograde it feels like they are turning off their fuel connection to help us. So we find things are not going as smoothly than we would like. If you are interested in a discourse in planetary retrogrades let me know and I can post in a future blog. I also have soirees at my home on astrological topics that are discussed if you are in the area visiting.
In the short of it, retrograde planets allow us to pull up our bootstraps and start to try and stand up for ourselves. Meaning, get clear from within and when communicating seek from within with the heart.
I do like to refer to indigenous aspects of personality traits because I am an indigenous woman and hold a very close and intimate affinity to my animal relatives. I speak to my animal companions and my plants and visitors on my property as well.  As we become intimate with our relations we don't have to speak, it is an unspoken communication.  I have always had such a relationship with my animal family members, but I must be honest... it is they who make a strong effort to reach me than I do.  I still use language but I have to admit they respond rather quickly to me through my ancestral indigenous language than English.
On this subject, I would like to introduce to you Lisa Dufresne, my dear Metis Canadian friend of 20 years.  I met Lisa at a Women's Religion Conference held at the University of Ottowa in Canada.  Lisa's sister the late Dr. Lucy DeFresne, produced the conference and I was one of the presenters.  Lisa and I have stayed in contact all these years. Our mutual connection is art, animals, and spirituality.  Most importantly for this blog post is that Lisa is an animal communicator and she is being featured on this season's Divine Inspirations podcast.  She most definitely works with the divine and from the heart.  I hope you receive the gift of the interview as I have.  And, if you wish to contact her please get back to me here at Divine Inspirations or my facebook page art and the divine
For most of us, we are not ignorant of the unseen world that emerges as phenomena that communicate to us in this plane of existence.  I do believe such occurrences take place because there is a tie of love and healing involved.  I do believe we are in the season where we actually seek to have relationships in this world on every level, not just as teenagers dreaming of summer love but as heart conscious human beings acknowledging the intelligence of all creation as relatives.

Until next blog, may Love bring you the joy of this season's journey

DiVeena



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid Autumn Season is Respecting Transformation

"Life in the Asperger's Jungle" with Raven Joy

Summer Sensitivities